Open-ended mutual funds that invest in the equities of large- and mid-cap firms are known as large and mid-cap funds. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) defines large-cap firms as those whose market capitalization falls between 1 and 100. On Indian stock markets, mid-cap corporations are ranked from 101 to 250. The Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds are included below, together with all of their information.
Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds in India 2023
The table below presents the Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds 2023 in India based on their 5-year returns:
|Large & Mid Cap Funds||Fund Details|
|Navi Large & Midcap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹234.38 Crore
Expense Ratio: 0.35%
|Quant Large and Mid Cap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹652.91
Crore NAV: ₹73.21
Expense Ratio: 0.56%
|Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund – Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹23394.44 Crore
Expense Ratio: 0.68%
|Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund – Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹11608.35 Crore
Expense Ratio: 0.60%
|ICICI Prudential Large & Mid Cap Fund- Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹7044.14Crore
Expense Ratio: 1.09%
|Edelweiss Large and Mid Cap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹1711.11 Crore
Expense Ratio: 0.60%
|SBI Large & Midcap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹9441.41 Crore
Expense Ratio: 1.02%
|Tata Large & Mid Cap Fund – Direct Plan – Appreciation||AUM: ₹3680.98 Crore
Expense Ratio: 0.89%
|Canara Robeco Emerging Equities – Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹15261.98 Crore
Expense Ratio: 0.60%
|HDFC Large and Mid Cap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth||AUM: ₹7897.59 Crore
Expense Ratio: 1.04%
Performance of Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds 2023
Examine each of the Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds in India in detail:
1. Navi Large & Midcap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth
Navi Large & Midcap Fund, one of the Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds, was introduced on December 7, 2015. Its primary focus is medium- to long-term capital appreciation through investments in mid-cap companies. The financial sector receives 24.70% of its investments, followed by the healthcare sector (10.35%), the automotive industry (9.78%), technology (9.51%), capital goods (9.32%), and others (36.34%). This plan has produced average yearly returns of 15.04% since its debut.
2. Quant Large and Mid Cap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth
With a 99.05% equity investment, the Quant Large and Mid Cap fund was formally introduced on January 07, 2013. Its allocation by sector is as follows: 24.01% goes into the financial sector, 14.63% into consumer staples, 12.86% into energy, 12.01% into energy, 8.34% into services, and the rest amount into other sectors.
3. Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund – Direct Plan-Growth
Among the Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds, this one was introduced on January 1st, 2013. Equities comprise 99.75% of its interests. This fund primarily makes investments in the financial industry, with automotive, energy, technology, and healthcare coming in second and third. The Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund has produced average yearly returns of 21.83% since its inception.
4. Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund – Direct Plan-Growth
Launched on January 02, 2013, this open-ended mutual fund has 96.82% of its assets invested in stocks. In terms of sector allocation, capital goods, autos, energy, chemicals, and other industries are the top investments made by Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund. Since its debut, the plan has generated average annual returns of 15.81%.
5. ICICI Prudential Large & Mid Cap Fund- Direct Plan-Growth
This ICICI Prudential Large & Mid Cap Fund was introduced on January 1st, 2013, and is invested 96.5 percent in stocks. It makes investments in small-cap equities (3.31%), mid-cap stocks (28.68%), and large-cap stocks (52.45%). This money is allocated to the following sectors: 31.29% to finance, 11.44% to autos, 10.92% to energy, 8.13% to technology, 7.94% to healthcare, and 30.28% to others.
6. Edelweiss Large and Mid Cap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth
One of the Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds was introduced on January 1st, 2013: the Edelweiss Large and Mid Cap Fund. 96.78% of the assets in this fund are in stocks, and the remaining 3.39% are in debt instruments. The financial industry receives 28.79% of its investments, followed by materials (8.38%), capital goods (7.50%), vehicles (7.37%), technology (6.27%), and others (41.69%). For SIPs, a minimum investment of ₹1,000 is permitted.
7. SBI Large & Midcap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth
Released on January 1st, 2013, the SBI Large & Midcap Fund consists of 4.54% investments in other assets and 95.46% in equities. 19.68% of its investments are in the financial sector, 10.33% are in cars, 8.67% are in healthcare, 7.19% are in services, and 6.71% are in consumer staples. This is not a bad representation of the sectoral distribution.
8. Tata Large & Mid Cap Fund – Direct Plan – Appreciation
The Tata Large & Mid Cap Fund was introduced on January 02, 2013. It has produced average yearly returns of 15.64% since its debut. Sector-by-sector, its investments are as follows: 27.27% in the financial sector, 9.36% in services, 8.10% in capital goods, 7.08% in consumer staples, 6.72% in energy, and 41.47% in other.
9. Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Fund– Direct Plan-Growth
The Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Fund was introduced on January 02, 2013. 30.92% of its investments go toward finance, 9.34% toward autos, 7.77% toward services, 7.22% toward healthcare, 6.88% toward technology, and 37.78% toward other categories. Since its inception, this large- and mid-cap fund has produced average annual returns of 19.95%.
10. HDFC Large and Mid Cap Fund – Direct Plan-Growth
Launched on January 02, 2013, the HDFC Large and Mid Cap Fund has invested 99.02% in equities. It allocates 26.76% of its investments to the financial industry, 10.16% to services, 9.60% to autos, 9.43% to energy, 9.30% to technology, and 34.75% to other sectors. Since its start, it has doubled investors’ money every three years, generating average annual returns of 11.51%.
How to Invest in the Best Large And Mid-Cap Funds?
The following is a step-by-step guide to investing in the Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds:
- Step 1: Go to the fund house’s official website and complete the online registration form.
- Step 2: Select the large- and mid-cap schemes from the “Mutual Fund” section that best fits your investing objectives and risk tolerance.
- Step 3: Choose the investment amount and mode (lumpsum or SIP).
- Step 4: Enter your PAN and bank account information in the KYC fields, then click “Proceed.”
- Step 5: In order to commence investing, transfer the initial amount.
Benefits of Investing in the Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds
- Offers a Diversified Portfolio: A diverse portfolio is to be expected because this fund invests in stocks of numerous large and mid-cap firms. As a result, since the investment is distributed among large and mid-cap stocks from various industries, the chances of losses are reduced.
- Provides Stability of Large Cap and Growth of Mid-cap: As a result, because the portfolio includes mid-cap firms, investors have the opportunity to generate large gains. Having said that, investors might think about investing in large-cap funds, such as the Navi Large Cap equities Fund from the Asset Management Company, if they want equities exposure but at a lesser risk. Invest in this equity scheme to gain exposure to the top 100 market capitalization Indian companies.
The Best Large and Mid-Cap Funds of 2023 provide you with a judicious blend of current market leaders and future leaders in potential. Investors can now take advantage of both the stability of large caps and the growth potential of mid-caps. But, before you invest, confirm that the scheme’s goal aligns with your financial objectives.